gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I think need relatively simple but specific advice from

Customer Question

I think need relatively simple but specific advice from someone with RV electrical experience. I am paying for your time to help me with technical dialogue, Im not paying you to refer me to another professional which is what it sounds like. For your further information, I KNOW how to check the whole coach and chassis battery systems for ground shorts and shorts to other circuits--there is no problem there--there is simply put, it appears there is no voltage getting to the hi beam wire of the pigtail. I gave you several other significant clues clues already, and questions like can a holgen bulb be visually inspected for filiament damage--I mean when you have no headlights and you think it might be the bulb and it turns out it is, can you see can you most of the time simply look at a bulb ant tell if its bad? like a dangling or burned into filament--there are 2 of them in each bulb--and will both sides go out if 1 is bad?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Not sure who you were talking to here, but I need the part number off your bulb. Some are single filiment and some are double filiment. You should be able to ohm them out to see if they are bad or not. Once I know your bulb number I can offer more here.