gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 1994 Cobra Motorhome which is on a P30 chassis with

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Cobra Motorhome which is on a P30 chassis with the 7.4L V8. The driver side headlamps are extremely dim and the high beam does not work, The rear taillamps are also extremely dim and flash in a strange pattern. Where should I start?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Batteries are brand new, voltage reads fine. The headlamps on the passenger side work perfect. One headlamp is very dim on the driver side and the other one isnt working when I put the high beams on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. I just got it yesterday and am only beginning to trouble shoot.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I havent even checked to see if the bulbs are bad but I suspect they are ok. I am thinking its a ground or other wiring issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Start by checking the voltages and the continuity to ground at each of the sockets that are affected and let me know what you are getting.