Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2011 Jayco camper, 12 volt lights and other 12 volt features

Customer Question

2011 Jayco camper, 12 volt lights and other 12 volt features work when plugged into 110V but do not work on just the battery. Battery is new and charged full.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: Yes, battery is good.
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: 22FB
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked connections at battery, replaced old wire nut, ground is good.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also checked 12v plug-in socket for voltage when just on battery, no voltage. Checked it when on 110 and had 12.6 volts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay....

Go to the battery and follow the cables and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, below is a picture as a general rule they would stick that 18" from the battery and it could be on the frame, most have a tiny tab that pops out on them when they trip. You may also have more then one, to test you would measure voltage on each post to ground, if the voltage is much higher on one side then it is the problem. Normally they will put one on the cable between the converter and battery. If that is not the issue then it could be the converter if you do not have a battery dis-connect switch inside, if you have a battery disconnect switch please let me know... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Thanks, Robert