Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD. We had the Fridge,

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD. We had the Fridge, Furnace and Interior lights on and the we went to push the electric Sofa out and heard a loud beeping sound and then we lost power to all of these, but only the ceiling lights in the living room went out along with the fridge, furnace and sofa. All the other lights in the coach stayed on. About 10-15 seconds later they can back on, but didn't stay on long. Shut furnace off and lights returned in a couple of minutes.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This sounds like it could be voltage related, if you used the electric sofa and everything else went off I would start by checking your house battery voltage, the alarm you heard I suspect is for the LP detector, they will go off for low voltage. I would check the voltage at the battery with a volt meter, you should have over 12 volts, it should not drop under 11 volts when you run that electric sofa, if the voltage is low I would have the batteries load tested, most auto parts stores will test them for free. Check all your battery cables make sure they are clean and tight. After that I would check your connections at your interior fuse panel, make sure nothing is loose on the back of the panel where the fuses are. It sounds like a voltage issue or poor connection. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.... Robert