Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

I have a 2005 Winnebago Vectra-- stopped to have propane put

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Winnebago Vectra--
stopped to have propane put in and since then can get no propane to come out of water heater or stove--acts like something has shut it off and now will not open
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 4 months ago.

Hi go to the propane tank, and look to see if you can locate a devise with two wires going to it upstream of the regulator, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I have located that divise---I checked the connections and it looked like one was not tight--so changed the end and reconnected it-still nothing.

thanks for responding, that is the devise that shuts off the propane from the lp leak detector, your best option depending on your circumstance is to remove the valve, and reconnect the plumbing. These have a tendency to fail, and in my opinion need to be thrown out..............Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I removed the value last night but it really seems to be on the end of the plumbing so nothing to remove to allow the propane to flow---in looking at this it looks like its maybe a magnetic value with two wires running to it it does not seem to make any difference if its on or off-- tom

this unit is a little different as when you fill you have a remote fill in a slide with no shut off except for the emergency 12 volt value by the fill ---no place to turn off the tank by hand...

Hi, thats interesting, the valve is there yet it is not plummed into the system, unfortunatly, this system I am not familiar with, so knowing that I will opt out, and allow another expert who is familiar with this set up assist you. Thanks for your patience.. Michael