Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Does burping a norcold fridge model 6082 work? freezer back

Customer Question

does burping a norcold fridge model 6082 work? freezer back plate gets hot after a couple of hours while running on gas. won't run on AC at all. switches to gas immediately on turn on. I expect fuse F1 is defective.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

No......based on what you said the cooling unit is bad and needs to be rebuilt or replaced or get a new fridge. ATCO America makes a good rebuilt one for about $899 installed (what I charge in my shop) that has the same warranty as a new one. If this is in good shape you might consider that. On the negative side, some of these parts are getting hard to find. Hope that helps. I am attaching a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for you so you can check on this yourself. Print it out so you have it.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?