gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 92 carri lite 5th wheel. The cables on the slide

Customer Question

I have a 92 carri lite 5th wheel. The cables on the slide have come off of the worm gear, both ends of both cables are still secured and the pulleys look fine. I believe my nephews opened it against a post and it became uneven. I pushed it back in by hand to square it up and it seemed fine. I've opened and closed a few times since then but recently went to close it and no luck. The motor turns but the cables are no longer on the worm screw. What is the proper way to get the cables back on? How many times does the cable wrap and the worm screw?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Is this a DeWald system? If you aren't sure, can you attach a photo of the area you are talking about to your post?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know what kind of system. No pix available no smart phone. The system is comprised of an electric motor with a large 6" approx long worm gear that the cables (2 of them) wrap around. The cables are secured at the rail ends and then go around a set of 2 pulleys then to the worm gear then to the other end of the slide rail.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I don't know of any other than a DeWald system. Let me see what I can find for you on that and get back to you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No problem. It's a stock unit, family room slide 1 motor 2 cables 2 sets of 2 small pulleys. Also my credit card has already been charged and we're not done yet. Not real comfortable with that. How long do you think I should wait for more info?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I will get back to you later today.......

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I don 't find any system with the cables and cable like you described. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they can.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about my payment?