Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Was getting on interstateno power seemed to be trying to

Customer Question

was getting on interstateno power seemed to be trying to start inhigher gear.pushbutton not lit up .coasted to off reverst goes foward in all gears.when turned off will not restart.gen works .2001 fleetwood discovery cat 330 diesel
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

My name is Robert...

SO you have an Allison shift pad, the shift pad is NOT lighting up AND the engine is not starting at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

To start go to the chassis battery verify you have over 11 volts, make sure all the cables are clean and tight.

IF the transmission does nor see neutral the engine will not start. SO if the pad is dead then the engine will not start. The Allison transmission will have a control box, sometimes it is mounted in the rear near the batteries, or it can be inside under the shift pad, inside that box are two mini fuses, if one was blown then it would give you this condition, I would look for the box, it will say Allison on it and have some bolts you remove to get inside of it, make sure the fuses are not loose or blown, check the connectors on the box as well. Also you could try and disconnect the chassis battery for about 15 mins and see if it resets, beyond that you might need a mobile repair to have a look... Hope this helps some... Robert

The phone service did not go through, there is an extra fee for that.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know...