Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have "E1" displaying on my thermostat : The A/C's are not

Customer Question

I have "E1" displaying on my thermostat
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The A/C's are not working, says E1 on thermostat
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Nothing is blowing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the breaker...turned it off/on and still the same error code
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

How many buttons are on your thermostat and what is the year make and model of the RV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2014 Columbus 3650th there are 10 buttons, it's a dometic dual unit
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Try this, turn the thermostat OFF, press "zone and mode" at the same time, you should see IniT, release the zone and mode buttons and then press OFF again. Turn it back ON and see if it is working, if that does not work, shut the breaker off and disconnect the batteries for 20 mins and try the reset procedure again... The E1 code is a communication fault.... Let me know if you still need more help..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know...