Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Winnebago adventure mod:WCG30WQ I can not get hot

Customer Question

I have a Winnebago adventure mod:WCG30WQ
I can not get hot water pressure unless I open the hot water bypass and then the water is cold. What am I doing wrong?
I replaced the hot water discharge check valve
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally you will have a hot, cold and bypass the hot and cold valves should be open or valve handle running with the pipe. The bypass should be closed or valve handle with the pipe. I would have thought if that was not the issue the check valve would be. Make sure you have the check valve screwed in the proper way, it should have tiny arrows on it for direction of flow, if it is on the hot side the arrows should be pointing towards the pipe, if it is on the cold side the arrows will be pointing towards the tank.

IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are OFF, have seen some issues when they are left open.

Beyond that what I might do is drain the water heater and then disconnect the hot line on the back of the water heater and try and blow some air through and see if it comes out, make sure you have some faucets open when blowing air.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Please follow up here, I saw you opened a new question, I closed that so you do not get charged again.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert