gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

1998 Dutch Star class A pusher. When I turn the switch on to

Customer Question

1998 Dutch Star class A pusher. When I turn the switch on to connect the house batteries nothing happens. Was working fine when parked. Batteries are right up.
If I start the genset everything works fine. Just can't get twelve volt power alone. Doesn't work when plugged in to 110 either. When plugged in to 110 only get 110 to plugins and no 12 volt. Where do I start to look.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Check the battery disconnect solenoid which is the device that you hear "click" when you try to hook up the batteries. Most are next to the batteries OR in the electrical load center area. Made by Intellitec or RV Custom Products. Check for the same voltage both on the IN and the out terminals. Using a small digital multimeter is the best for this. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?