Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I need to repair the line if I can by dropping fuel tank

Customer Question

I need to repair the line if I can by dropping fuel tank because the line is between the fuel tank and the frame rail is there a fitting there that I can replace or is it a one piece line can I replace line by going outside frame rail instead of dropping tank
Category: RV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

While I appreciate you asking for me, I will opt out of this question as I don't really know if there is or not on this make and model. Hopefully, there is a tech that can give you a good answer. They come and go, so I don't know when that might be. I do know that you can cut the line and splice in a new piece or fitting if you need to. Don't respond unless you feel a need to as it locks me back into the question.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Really hard to say if there is a fitting in that location or not. Randall is 100% correct you need a special crimper that HWH makes to crimp the fitting on the line. From my experience you might be able to pull that line out from the fuel tank, sometimes they will use extra hose and normally when they secure them they will be loose, might have some zip ties holding it in. I would try and follow the line and disconnect it at the room or manifold and get it to an area that you can inspect. You have to open the solenoids up as well before taking the line off, this will ensure all the pressure is off the lines. On the hose should be an AP number, I might call some local RV shops and see if they have any of these hoses laying around or the crimper for making the repair.

Hope this helps some.... Robert