Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2009 forest river flagstaff 206ltd. the exhaust fan

Customer Question

i have a 2009 forest river flagstaff 206ltd. the exhaust fan had been working fine. now it will come on for about 10 seconds and shut off. any help to troubleshoot will be appreicated. the connection below sink is in tact.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I would go to that connection point and check for voltage with a meter, you should have over 11 volts, what you can do next is get a charged drill battery and jump the fan direct with some small jumper wires and see if the fan stays spinning, if the fan does the same thing bad motor as you are jumping direct. IF you have the same problem then there could be a circuit board involved, normally that would be part of the monitor panel system. Have to check the voltage to starts and see what it is, if the voltage in the trailer was low then the fan could come on but as the low voltage tries to run a motor it could shut down and the lights still may be on.... Hope this gives you some direction.... Let me know if you have more questions or concerns....... Robert