peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a Dometic RV AC that the fan will not blow hardly at

Customer Question

I have a Dometic RV AC that the fan will not blow hardly at all when the AC is running, but as soon as I shut the AC off and switch the fan from AUTO to ON, it blows great. Turn the AC on and it barely blows again no matter what setting the fan switch is on. The unit does get cold, just no hard fan when AC is on. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this type of fault here can be caused by a fault with a temp sensor sensing the incorrect air temp causing the ac to blow at a low speed or incorrect speed.I would have this checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here with a temp sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete