Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I can't find my Fleetwood (Savannah 1994) power converter

Customer Question

I can't find my Fleetwood (Savannah 1994) power converter anywhere. The circuit breaker and fuses are under the bottom step going up to bath/bedroom over the fifth wheel
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

What is the make of your load center where all the fuses and breakers are? That is usually one way to track this down.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MagneTek
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MagneTek Model 80-C are you still there?
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Had to go to work.........you probably have a Magnetek 900 series converter. About 14" long and 10" hight and black. Fleetwood usually put those up in the front compartment by the batteries or under the fridge. You may have to remove a panel to get to it. Most if they are still working will be humming. They should put out about 13.7 VDC and less than .5 VAC ripple, which is AC bleeding out into the DC circuit. Use a digit

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

....digital multimeter to test for that. About $20 or so at most automotive stores or hardware stores. Get back to me if you need more later if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or so you still need some additional input from me here?