Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2015 Wildwood 21RBS travel trailer that I need to

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Wildwood 21RBS travel trailer that I need to manually override the slide out to bring it back in from the extended position due to low battery.
Where the heck is the slide out motor transmission housing located? The owners manual doesn't tell you where it is.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Is this a Power Gear slide out? If so, that brake is on the end of the motor and you access it by pulling the boot down off the end and pull the lever. If you have another brand let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Not really sure.

There are gear tracks/brackets on the top and bottom on each side of slide out. It moves on piston shafts. Is this what you are referring to?

We were able to fully charge the trailer battery after we borrowed a camp neighbors generator to be able to use the electric slide room rocker switch to get the slide out room to retract in.

For future reference, our #1 main question is:

"Where is the slide out motor / hydraulic landing gear located?"

The owners manual has instructions on how to manually retract or extend the slide room due to power failure or low battery, but does not tell you where the motor is located to be able to use a crank handle or power drill. Please see attached 2 photos.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

That is a Lippert slide. You use the drill like it shows. Best to have TWO batteries in good condition and you won't have to do this more than likely. Try to be plugged into shore power when you move the slide OR have the tow vehicle hooked up and running . Slides take a lot of power to operate. And get some good slide lubricants like those made by Thetford for the rails and wiper seals. That allows the room to move with less drag. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if we need to go further here as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or so you still need some additional input from me here?