gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2005 adventurer 38' ac basement unit. I went through the

Customer Question

2005 adventurer 38' Coleman ac basement unit. I went through the rain storms in Texas and now my direct drive fan motor is squeaking loudly can this be caused by rust? Can it be accessed from the outside?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

It depends on where this is mounted in the coach. Most of these are from the inside. Get back to me with more on this and a photo would help here. Please keep in mind that parts for these are mostly NLA now if you need something.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Forget it I will take it to a service that has already located a replacement motor for less than $100 but informed me that the squeaking is probably from rust p
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Probably not...........but, best you have it looked at anyway. Not the kind of thing for a DIY fix.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do not charge my cc