gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My dometic AC unit is not working. I can turn the fan on and

Customer Question

My dometic AC unit is not working. I can turn the fan on and it will blow but I cannot get the AC to run. I do not here the compressor trying to cut on either.
I had some water infiltration this past winter when we were camping. Is it possible that the board got wet and is damaged?
Derick
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Possible..........what is the model of your A/C and thermostat? Or is this a direct ceiling unit? Get back to me with this information and I can direct you further in some easy testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dometic unit and tstat
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I got that.........there are dozens of models. I need specific information. Attach a photo if you aren't sure.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dometic rooftop unit and Dometic tstat.Unit mfg # ***** *****
Sn# *****My apologies...that's all the info I have right now. Can take a phot when I get home from work.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Is the thermostat digital or analog?

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Yes..........just attach it to your post.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Analog tstat
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Pull the cover off and give me the part number off the board. It may be on the rear of the unit. It should start with "310....." so I know which version you have.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you may have missed my response to your question a few days ago? If you still need some assistance and input from me here, please get back to me. Thanks!