peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have an 08 holiday rambler ambassador where and how can I

Customer Question

I have an 08 holiday rambler ambassador where and how can I reset the regen limp mode help help
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You would need to have a forced regen done with a dealers scan tool or similar.Once this is done and passed then you can clear out the fault codes with the same scan tool.In some cases though the forced regen will not work or complete and this is usually due to a restricted DPF filter needing replaced as this can be common.

I would start with having the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there the codes diagnosed and repaired to help correct this here.I do suspect a forced regen is needed or the DPF is clogged needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have someone trying to do this reforge and cannot find a switch
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is hidden
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is vin

Unfortunately I do not know of the location myself on this switch assembly.This may be a regen needed done with a dealers scan tool/computer and there may not be a switch involved on this model here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a dealers scan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He is here

Is he able to locate a regen function on the scan tool at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But it will not do anything it is like it is stuck there and cannot be done there has to be a hidden switch somewhere
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He knows what he is doing but is stumped

O.k.,if he is able to access regen and it will not regen this usually indicates the filter itself can be plugged up needing replaced.I would have this checked into here to see if the filter is the cause.I have seen on other models where you would enter the regen mode and it would freeze up or not complete due to a restricted filter.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It only has 19,000 miles

It is possible it may be a defective filter that has come apart or damaged internally.If the technician is there he may be able to call the dealer to see if they can tell him where any switch is that may be needed for a regen but I havent heard of one myself.It sounds like a possible regen fault with a filter issue or a fault with a code set in the computer that needs diagnosed and repaired before the regen can complete.

Thanks Pete