Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

We have a 2004 gulf stream sun voyager motor home and we are

Customer Question

We have a 2004 gulf stream sun voyager motor home and we are trying to install new flooring thickness is 3mm and the slide out is scraping the new flooring when you retract the slide. are there any up down adjustments that can be made to correct this problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

No.......and that is the main reason you never see wooden flooring under a slideroom. These rollers need to roll on carpet and when they roll across the floor like yours they do this. Sorry that isn't the news you wanted to hear, but we see this question on a regular basis. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is not wooden flooring, it is a 3 mm vinyl flooring plank, which is scraping.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Same problem........the rollers get grit embedded in them and sometimes scrape across the surface instead of roll. Some are easy to get to and some you have to just about remove the room. With carpet this usually isn't a huge issue, which is why the OEMs use it. I wish there was an easy fix, but the only time I have done this in my own shop is with hard vinyl and only when I know the rollers are in good shape. You might get a scrap of hard vinyl and lay down on the floor BEFORE you move the room in so it doesn't get any worse. No matter the adjustment.......those are still going to roll across that surface.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you needed more input from me on this question or has it been resolved?