Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Why will my slides and feet work on 110 on my Bighorn but

Customer Question

Why will my slides and feet work on 110 on my Bighorn but not work when only hooked up to my pickup power source?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

When you are plugged in the power converter will take the AC voltage make the DC voltage and should charge the battery. When you unplug you are running off of battery power. So if the battery was bad or Discharged the charge from the pickup might not be enough to boost the battery, the charge from the pick up is not like when you are plugged into power. SO I would get a volt meter, unplug the RV and get a voltage reading, it should not be under 11 volts if the voltage is low then I would have the battery load tested. Most auto parts stores will load test them for free. The Slides and landing gear are normally wired directly to the battery.. Hope this helps some, please let me know if you have more questions or concerns.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know, follow ups are included...