Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How do I change the 30amp circuit breaker on my Onan QV RV

Customer Question

How do I change the 30amp circuit breaker on my Onan QV RV 4000
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Can you get me the serial number and spec letter of the generator?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
B1203072132 SEC LETTER IS L
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

ok

Not sure on the numbers you provided, each generator is a bit different... There is a very good onan tech that comes around, I am going to step out of the question so others can assist you, normally on these breakers you will need a torx bit to remove the control panel once the control panel is out of the way you will have access to the wires on the breaker. Each model is a bit different... I will put you question back up, I do not know when another expert will respond... Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Rare that one of those goes bad.........did you test it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can click it on then it cuts off quickly, The switch is very loose like a bad circuit
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Perhaps it is just the circuit that this is supplying. What is on this breaker? Maybe a water heater element that is bad or fridge element that is bad? I am attaching the exploded view parts manual for you. Print that out so you have it. http://www.twinslan.net/~n0nas/manuals/onan/981-0246B%20Onan%20KY%20(A-J)%20MicroLite%204000%20series%20Parts%20catalog%20(06-1999).pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

See pages 40 and 41 as it varies slightly depending on what spec you have. That is the last letter in the model number. This is just held in with screws and once you take the cover plate off you can get to it. The diagram shows that in detail. Just be sure that is the issue first. Hope this proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will let you know tomorrow. It could be an air conditioner issue. The hot water is gas only. I've delt with circuit breakers before and the way the switch reacts I'm pretty sure this is the issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am going to disco from electric and all batteries before I start just to be on the safe side
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
while I have everything discontinued I will get into the fuse box and check all connections. I had a lose wire there before causing an issue.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

10-4

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you needed any additional input from me here or has this been resolved?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I checked my battery and turns out that was the problem. I cleaned the cables and the breaker quit tripping.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know........