Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Norcold refrigerator error code LioP. : It's a class A

Customer Question

Norcold refrigerator error code LioP.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: It's a class A motorhome.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Picked up our Motorhome from garage, for unrelated service.... Returned to camp site..... Hooked to 50amp service.... Tried to turn frig on.... We received this error message.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: 2011 Monaco monarch, 18400
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Can you go to the outside access panel and tell me if you see a small black box, on the box would be a led light, need to know if that light is ON or flashing. The LioP means the high limit is open and if the red light is ON it would confirm and I can tell you how to get it running again, follow ups are included..

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Follow ups are included.....

Let me know... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I am going to give you this info as I have to run out on a service call for a little bit...

IF the red light is ON you will need to get a magnet and try to reset the sensor, click HERE and have a look, if the light comes back on after running the fridge it will have to be looked at, you can not bypass the sensor it is a safety issue. I assume this is a Norcold 1200 and that sensor was part of a recall, if you do not have that sensor go to the round flue canister and look for some smaller wires with a disc, in the center of the disc would be a tiny button, make sure it is not popped out. Low voltage can cause the sensor to trip and that is what I assuming happened if it sat in the shop. I will respond when I return if needed. IF this is helpful please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert