Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Winnebago with a foggy window panel. I have the new sealed

Customer Question

Winnebago with a foggy window panel. I have the new sealed section and would like some hints on replacing the glass in the section. I see some clips and rubber seal. Does the complete window need t be removed or can I just take out the one glass?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

All the RV shops I have worked at we would send them to a glass company for repair, the frame is part of the window so in order to remove the glass you will need to remove the entire window and then take it apart on a bench, much easier to handle. Normally around the window will be a piece of trim, if you remove the trim it should expose some screws, go to the outside and make sure where the window meets the RV body does not have silicone, if it does it will have to be cut, go back inside and remove the screws, have someone on the outside ready to catch the window as you apply steady pressure on the frame of the window and it should come right out,. Beyond that you should be able to separate the frame from the glass. When you put the window back in the frame will have to be cleaned up, adhesive cleaner works well, then you would add some foam tape OR butyl tape to the frame, tighten the window up, if you use butyl tape let the window sit for a few hours, go back and clean it up around the edges as it will ooze out.... That should be it in a nutshell with removing the window and putting back in. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert