Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2000 Fleetwood discovery equipped with a

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Fleetwood discovery equipped with a "freedom Combi " inverter /charger while traveling today I inadvertently left the coach air conditioner on while traveling down the road , and did not notice for about an hour when the air conditioner panel started flashing "shed" so I turned it off and finished my trip ..but when I arrived the inverter is " flashing green wet battery and the over heat /overload button is staying on red ...it has been several hours now and it has not changed ...what should I do ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

The A/C doesn't use the inverter at all when running. But, the controls do. This is going to be a battery issue and they either need water or perhaps they are ready for a change. If they are over 3 years old there is a good chance that is the case. Load testing them would tell you that. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. If you remove them to have them tested, be sure you mark the cables well and take some photos of the top area so you get them back the same way. Or get a mobile tech to come and assist you with this. Once the battery issues and or dirty cables are addressed, this problem with the inverter should be resolved. Don't wait as damage can happen to the inverter. Hope this proves helpful here. I will make a phone option offer for you as well as some customers prefer this.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or so you still need some additional input from me here?