Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a keystone deout travel trailer with an electrical

Customer Question

I have a keystone Hideout travel trailer with an electrical issue. My trailer has an electric lift on the tongue of the trailer. I have two 12 volt marine deep cycle batteries for the system the system. The problem is my cabin electrical will not work when the white lead (attached to the chassie) is connected to the negative terminal of the battery, but my electric lift does. If I connect the white lead to the positive terminal of the battery my house power works, but my electric lift does not work. I believe that the chassie should be the ground but when I get the house system to work the chassie is partially energized. So one or the other systems is missing a ground to complete the circuit, but I cannot figure out where. I do not think that the white lead should be connected to the positive terminal of the battery. What should I do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

You need to have those batteries connected in parallel first. That is a lead from the positive of one to the positive of the other and the same on the negative leads. Then you have the white negative lead(s) from the trailer attached to one of the negative leads on one battery. The red or black positive lead(s) from the trailer hook up to the positive terminal on the OTHER battery. That balances the system and supplies 12 VDC to the jack and the trailer. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if this isn't clear as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or so you still need some additional input from me here?