gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Prowler 235RLS. The roof top Air

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Prowler 235RLS. The roof top Air Conditioner is malfunctioning. I have a ducted system and the fan works fine at both high and low speeds. I removed the AC roof top cover and found nothing unusual. When I trigger the "COOL" function to activate the Air Conditioning,...it runs for about 6 seconds and then trips the breaker at the RV panel -- every time. Is this a component fix or is the compressor bad?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 7 months ago.

Hi, this can be a bad compressor, but more likely the voltage is low where you are, how are you connected to the shorepower outlet? Are you using an extension cord? Do you have a voltmeter? please get back to me and we will discuss this further, thanks Michael