C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

I have a new tiffin motor home with just over 3000 miles on

Customer Question

I have a new tiffin motor home with just over 3000 miles on it. The generator will start but it shuts off within seconds, I have 3/4 of a tank of.gas, no breakers are triped....What else can I do I'm traveling with my mom who is a senior.citizens and she is freaking out about this
Category: RV
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

I have a feeling the fuel you got is not good. It will be hard to remove the fuel but this is an option. Go to the local parts store and get a bottle of heet and octane booster. The heet will get rid of any water that was in the fuel. The octane booster will increase the octane in the bad fuel you have. This should clear up your issue if not than I suspect there is a problem with the float adjustment on the carb for the generator.