Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2014 Montana with lip pert leveling system and

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Montana with lip pert leveling system and hydraulic slides
I had it at Camping World twice for a total of 10 weeks, I've attempted to pick it up seven times and the problem persist
I have two new batteries that will be charged to 13.2 or so amps.
My issue is when the unit is on it's own or plugged into the truck or the jacks and the slides will come up and stop repeatedly. You hear a click and you have to wait a couple seconds and go again, this doesn't happen when putting the jacks down or the slides out. Only when retracting. When we are hooked up to shore power or generator this doesn't happen. Seems to draw more amps when retracting
I'm afraid at some point the whole thing will shut down.
Why does it only happen when retracting is it something to do with the motor of the pump.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. We can do some testing here and track this down. Camping World is about the worst place to get anything fixed! Lots of complaints here on them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry. I do not
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Seven times I went to pick it up and it did the same thing, they told me it was the truck hook up, they to,d me I needed a 27 battery instead of the 24 they put in. The. They said I need a second battery, so I did that. Went on a weeks trip and here we are all the same issues
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

If you can pick one up this is not that hard to track down. Otherwise we are kind of guessing at what it might be. You do need at least two batteries and 27 series would be much better than 24 series. Slides just won't work correctly with just one battery. Slides take a lot of power and will run one down quickly and then you have the problem like you are describing.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

But we need to be sure that they are wired up correctly AND being properly charged.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Problem solved it was a $4.79 breaker
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Sometimes it is just that simple.........and a meter would show you that in minutes most of the time. Good job!