Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Gene is there a easy way to change windows in the rv. do you

Customer Question

Gene is there a easy way to change windows in the rv. do you know of a step by step process. Its a fleeetwod founder 1995
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

I have not seen Gene around for a long time, I can try and give you an idea of the procedure.

Each window should have a some trim around the frame, if you pull that trim it will expose screws. You may have to remove any window shade boxes to get at all the screws around the window. After you remove all the screws from around the window get a second person to catch the window, apply steady pressure on the frame of the window from the inside while someone is ready to grab it from the outside. Sometimes the RV manufacturer will also use silicone on the outside where the frame of the window meets the body, that would also have to be cut with a razor knife....

When putting back in foam tape or butyl tape will be needed to put around the frame of the window, the old would have to be scrapped off if you are reusing the windows.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert