Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2007 Thor four winds motorhome, recently bought it.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Thor four winds motorhome, recently bought it. It keeps discharging the motorhome batteries, I am sure everything is turned off. Any suggestions? Thanks Mitch
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

You mention that you are plugged into 110 volts, are you using an adapter going into a standard house outlet? The only reason I ask is because when you are plugged in the converter should be charging the battery plugging into a standard outlet may cause problems.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

IF you have good batteries that aren't failing (under 3 years old) and they are getting properly charged while you are plugged in (13.7 VDC) then when you hit the battery disconnect switches they should stay charged. The exception to that is some of the LP detectors will stay on anyway and gradually discharge the for the house side. That won't affect the chassis battery. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you and see if they are needing replacement. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or so you still need some additional input from me here?