gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I want to know what to buy to replace the hydrolic RV Slide

Customer Question

I want to know what to buy to replace the hydrolic RV Slide Out Solenoid in my 1996 national seabeeze 5th wheell trailer
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are you sure that is the problem? What are the symptoms you are having? And do you know whose slideout hardware you have? That would help here.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I noticed that you haven't gotten back to me relating to your question and I am wondering if you saw my earlier response to you a few days ago? Were you able to get this issue resolved or do you still need some input from me here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey there. So I had a GoodSam Roadside Assistance technician come out and that's what he told me. He had to bypass by using a battery jumper connected to ground and solenoid while simultaneously having me from the inside press the retract button to bring the slide outs back in. He showed me how to do this myself because I have a similar power box jumper
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just know it's a temp fix tho. I basically don't know if the bad solenoid is also to blame for the front landing gear not wanting to run as it should. I believe it's running off the same hydrolic pump system, but sounds like it's giving out as it slowly retracts and extends. The left leg isnt even retracting at the same pace as the right one at all without me having to manually adjust it every 25 seconds or so till the length they need to be at to level out fifth wheel.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't find a label for the hardware name either on unit or in owners manual
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are those legs hydraulic or all electric?