Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Norcold 9182 RV fridge. Worked fine , now works

Customer Question

I have a Norcold 9182 RV fridge. Worked fine for years, now works fine on LP, but not on 120vac. Confirmed 115.3vac to control board and thru the 5amp ac fuse on the board. Original control board was a 618574, replaced it with a N991. configured it for a 618574 and I still have the same problem. also measure 13.4vdc on the board.
When turning the fridge on at the front panel, only the LP & auto lights come on. When I change mode to AC the AC light will star flashing after about 10 seconds.
I am good with a wrench & multi-meter, just not familiar with this fridge
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

Did you ohm out the AC heating element?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Follow ups are included, this might take some going back and forth...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if you need more help on this...

Normally if you have AC voltage going into the circuit board and the fuse is not blown the next step is to ohm out the AC heating element, click HERE for a service manual and see page 31, it will also have some troubleshooting for the symptom you are having.... Let me know if you still need more help... Robert