Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am looking at a 1988 Winnebago Chieftain motorhome. All

Customer Question

I am looking at a 1988 Winnebago Chieftain motorhome. All looks good except there is a CRACK in the exterior fiberglass below the side (dining) window in the corner that runs diagonally. Is this serious?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

As long as moisture has not been able to get in it should not be to serious, I would want to seal that crack up if possible so no moisture is able to get in, once moisture gets inside the wall you can have bigger problems as it can rot inside. IF the crack is not opened up I would not be to worried about it, most RV shops that do body work can repair this and from the sounds of it would only be a few hours of labor. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you still have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know...

Robert