Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an International Maxx Force 10 in my Monaco

Customer Question

I have an International Maxx Force 10 in my Monaco motorhome, 22,000 miles. I'm on a road trip and just realized yesterday that most if not all diesel we buy today has biodiesel in it. How will this affect my engine.
The reason I'm asking is that I'm being forced to do manual regenerations on my diesel particulate filter that usually does it "automatically:. I stopped for full last night and noticed the biodiesel content on my receipt. I called several other truck stops in Texas and New Mexico and they have biodiesel also.
Thank you,
Steve
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Below is some info on Navistar's take on Biodiesel. Using the higher grade can be hard on any seals and may require you to change the fuel filters more often, it should not hurt the engine, it may reduce fuel mileage some as well..... Hope this helps...

Navistar unconditionally warrants use of biodiesel blends up to and including B5 blends meeting the ASTM D975-08a standard. Use of B6-B20 blends in International® MaxxForce™ Diesel Engines 2007-up is at the discretion of the customer/operator and will not automatically void an engine warranty. However, if engine component failure can be directly attributable to use of a B6-B20 blend not provided by a BQ9000 certified fuel supplier, not meeting the ASTM D7467-08 standard or not used per Navistar recommendations, Navistar may, at its option, deny warranty on the affected engine or engine component.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know...

Robert