Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My motor home chassis batteries loose their charge in about

Customer Question

My motor home chassis batteries loose their charge in about an hour even with everything turned off.i have to start generator on and wait until it is charged enough to start engine or if I put a charger on the battery it starts immeditaly. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Perhaps the batteries are failing and just won't hold a charge. Have them load tested to be sure. If they are over 3 years old, there is a good chance they may need replacement. That would be the first place to start. Once you rule that out we can look for other possible causes. All follow ups are included in our fee. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you. If you remove them, be sure to mark the cables well and take some photos so you get them back the same way. Easy to get them wrong if you don't. Hope that proves helpful here.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need additional input from me here?