Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

1997 southwind 2 step kwikee steps i replaced the steps and

Customer Question

1997 southwind 2 step kwikee steps i replaced the steps and upon completion the steps work in reverse i had to splice some wires as the weather proof connection did not match up and there was no pigtail in the package with the steps.the last attempt i made was checking the door switch which is a single rocker sw and a red light in the same unit.with all the wires off the switch steps go in door open steps out door closed.i have read more articles on this subject most say here is your problem but their cure does not help so here i am writing to you folks as i need help please
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

You have to change out the switch as well. The later version used a different one and the old one will reverse everything. Get that changed out and you should be fine. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need additional input from me here?