Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2008 damon jacks will not retract : lippert level system

Customer Question

2008 damon jacks will not retract
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: lippert level system seems to be working with lights on the system, I have the engine running but will not retract. I have pressed the manual button as well as auto button but nothing happens
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 50,000 km cummins 425 horse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything with the level system even put it in gear, it is supposed to automatically retract but did not
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

You are correct normally when you release the parking brake the jacks should retract, this could be an issue with the control box, the control box is between the pad and motor. I would find that and check the connections. Also you can try a reset, try holding down ALL 4 diamond shaped buttons and see if they retract for you.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Also you might be able to manually retract them, click HERE for some info on that..

Hope this helps some... Robert