Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Can i get a fan to put in the kitchen keystone 2005 Larado

Customer Question

can i get a fan to put in the kitchen keystone 2005 Larado
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What kind of fan are you wanting to put in, a vent fan like the one in the bathroom?

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
or two way fan would be nice
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK

I am sure it can be done and the biggest obstacle is making the cutout on the roof if there is not an opening, I would have a RV shop install one for you, it will take about 2-3 hours of labor. I used to work at a Camping World and we would install these wherever the customer wanted. Worth paying the labor as there is some work involved making the cut out and then running power and ground to the fan. A shop would help you pick a spot or show you before installing... Hope this helps some..... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok there is a vent there already so it would be easy to install the wiring would be harder
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

No it would not be hard at all, in fact if there is a vent cutout there very good chance they pre-wired it.. If not you would have to run power and ground to a switch and then to the fan... I might pull the shroud down and see if there is a cutout with the wires in the insulation, sometimes the wires will be visible. If not a RV shop can do this in about 2 hours of labor.... Hope this helps some, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... RObert