Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

No power to front landing jacks when you push the switch up

Customer Question

No power to front landing jacks when you push the switch up or. Down. 30 amp ok. Is there a breaker. The unit I have is one piece with wires screwed in to mother board
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Most of these have either an inline fuse to the motor from the switch OR a shortstop breaker on the bulkhead with a red cap over it. Take that off and push the black button in to reset it. If you have a small digital multimeter this is easier to track down. And please include the make of this hardware when you respond. Thanks! All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nope no luck changed the breaker no power can it be the switch or something else
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

It might be............are you using a 12 VDC test light here? That would make it much easier to track down. You can probe the hot lead INTO the switch and then check the OUTGOING lead when you hit the switch. Go directly to the motor to be sure that isn't the issue. It should be pretty easy to narrow this down.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

I noticed that you haven't gotten back to me relating to your question and I am wondering if you saw my earlier response to you a few days ago? Were you able to get this issue resolved or do you still need some input from me here?