Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2005 Gulfstream Sedona. Plugged in a secondary air

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Gulfstream Sedona. Plugged in a secondary air conditioning unit into the dining room area to help cool the unit. I already had another air conditioner plugged into the bedroom behind the sliding door and was operating at the time along with the main unit in the RV. When I turned the one on in the dining area the circuits tripped. Or so I thought. Checked the fuses and the breaker switches. The bottom breaker switch had switched off and I reset the switch. Nothing changed the circuits in the bedroom and the dining area are not working as well as the plug in just inside the slide out next to the TV entertainment area. I checked the main plug in and reset. Nothing happened. What should I try? Is there something I am missing?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay.

Go around and make sure you did not trip a GFI, these would be outlets with a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be just about anywhere else including the outside, if you have an inverter go to the inverter and make sure a breaker is not tripped, most inverters will have one or two breakers on them and they could look like round buttons. Shut all the breakers off inside and then turn them on one at a time. To me it sounds like a GFI might be tripped..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert