Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

RE: How to fix Dometic Comfort Control thermostat problems I

Customer Question

RE: How to fix Dometic Comfort Control thermostat problems
I have a 2013 Voltage with 3 AC units on it. It has a dometic black thermostat that controls all 3. I have read all the info everybody' has written ,but I'm am still lost in how to fix my system. Here's what happen. System was working fine last year go to use it last week. E1 code comes up. Loss of connectivity So I do factory reset by turning off thermostat puss zone and mode together and INIT comes up with zone below it. No numbers that's all So I hit the on/off button and the 1 zone is blinking and 4 zone is solid My system is set up like theis per the dip boards in each AC unit From the front of coach to the back Zone 3 in front Zone 1 in middle furnace and heat pump and 2 in the rear. I called dometic and they were somewhat helpful. They told me that the conector cables or telephone lines have a bad connection or the dip board is fried So they sent me both of theses along with a new thermostat. So I try the thermostat first no change Then I checked all the connections that I could find in each AC unit. 1 cable for front AC 2 for middle 2 for rear. They also told me everything feeds back to the middle AC unit. So I replaced the dip board. Or green board nothing has changed. I now know more than the 2 dealers I stopped by and talked too. I need some help with directions and maybe even some pics that can help describe Ur directions. I know tha AC units work. I unplugged the center AC control wire 2 and the fan came on. I can't believe all 3 units are bad in 3 years Help please Buddy
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like the problem is in the cables. One or more may be damaged. Run a test on each one with an ohm meter. See if they all check out and we can go from there. I see this problem all the time here. If you need help on how this is done get back to me. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need additional input from me here?