gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Problem with starter southwind MotorHome. 454

Customer Question

Problem with starter for 1985 southwind MotorHome. 454 engine..replaced with rebuilt from O'Reilly'so auto parts.3 times...possibly need a special one.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well, it seems to make sounds not sure how to type out the sound..then when it connects..after starting ignition then it starts. I replace the flywheel..that didn't help.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not brother is the mechanic for a long while.. but he'said dumbfounded about the starter
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: The engine is excellent when it's running...actually I bought it 2 years ago.. previous owner said the engine was new when it was replaced.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

is your starter mounted with 2 bolts from the bottom

if it is , I know your issue

let me know ,Please