Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2003 Fleetwood American Dream. It has 53K miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Fleetwood American Dream. It has 53K miles. All is well EXCEPT the House Lighting!! It the whole system goes off during the night (while plugged in) and none of the house light switches will operate the lights. Then, if I drive the MH for a few hours, or sometimes a few minutes and turn the engine off, they will oprerate when I try them. OR, most recently, I left 2 of the house lights on during the night and could not turn them off or turn any more lights on in the morning. Again in about 2 hours they started working again. Sometimes they just start working and sometimes not untill I stop for Fuel and turn off the Diesel Engine. Most recent (Sunday Morning) they would not come back on. I checked the fuses (AGAIN) and then decided to look into the Battery Compartment. Just for curiosity I disconnected one of the House Battery terminals....It was then when I heard the SOLENOIDS clicking - that scared me so I put the Terminal nut back on... Guess what, when I went into the MH to rest and cool down....They were on again. HELP, I have Ghosts
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

No ghosts........just some batteries that need attention. Have those load tested and checked for dirty cables. If they are over 3 years old there is a good chance those need replacement. IF they check out, then get back to me and we can dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need additional input from me here?