gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Trying to install 12 volt battery to Magnetek converter

Customer Question

trying to install 12 volt battery to Magnetek converter Model 6409 Series 6400A. Seeking wire diagram or any info on how to add the 12 volt battery.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Bought my son a Destiny pop-up and has the Magnetek power converter Model 6409 & Series 6400A that is wired only with 120 volt plug. Son camps 90% where no AC current is available so trying to install 12 volt battery to allow both options.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I happen to be an ASE Certified Auto Tech but with no wiring diagram I'm seeking diagram or knowledge of where to connect battery to converter.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Owners manual but wiring diagram is incorrect.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

This has two posts for that on the fuse board. Is that part of what he got here?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got this resolved or do you still need more assistance from me here?