Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

When retracting slide out something popped & it stopped

Customer Question

When retracting slide out something popped & it stopped we manually pushed in - the switch works can hear the motor running but slide out does not move. It does come out when driving we have to stop & push back in but it doesn't lock. One of has to hold I n while other drives It is a 2011 Thor
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I suspect that you broke a gear of the roll pin that holds one in place. That can happen from lack of proper lubrication or a room out of alignment on the tracking. You might want to get a mobile tech to come and assist you with the diagnosis here as that usually takes just a few minutes. If this is just a sheared pin that is a fairly easy fix. A gearbox issue can be more time consuming and expensive. Please get back to me if you need more input here. All follow ups are included in our fee. Please include a photo of the end of the rails so I can see whose system you have and direct you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** picture in a few hours as I'm not at its location. I'd it the one in the middle or outside or both
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

The more the better. Attach them using the paperclip icon. Then I can offer more here.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need additional input from me here?