peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My 2009 Winnebago slideout control is blinking the error

Customer Question

My 2009 Winnebago slideout control is blinking the error code for overvoltage and the slideout wont work.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The code is 5 green blinks which the manual says is overvoltage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this may be due to a shorted wire leading to the slide motor or the motor itself in some cases.It may also be other electronics acting up needing replaced.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint the component at fault and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue here.This is best done by a repair center that works on this model here or a dealer in some cases.If this is not an option and you want to continue here instead to see if you can get this info let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete