gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a dometic brisk air 2 15000 and when first on it

Customer Question

I have a dometic brisk air 2 15000 and when first on it blows cool but after a few minutes the compressor is cycling off with a strange noise before reaching temp. This ceases all cool air however the fan remains on set in the auto mode. I have tried hi fan to see if the coils are getting too cold and the unit is still cycling off with the noise. Is the compressor bad or the run capasitor or what could cause this. The unit is only three years old. I have noticed the lights have dimmed when the compressor starts since I have had the unit.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I would check first for a loose fan blade or cooling cage on the A/C. That is the most plausible cause of the noise. Check that first.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Really thats your answer?as I clearly stated the compressor cycles off before it reaches temp with a strange noise so the issue is the compressor not the noise.I stated this is a brisk air 2 it has no cooling cage and the fan is a one piece unit no way for there to be a loose fan blade. You are not an experienced tech in my opinion. Im not satisified with your technical advise.I will be speaking with my bank regarding this less than reputable site. I will not be paying more than a 5.00$ deposit. Im sorry I have to pay even that.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

You obviously have no idea of how these are constructed. I have been at this many years and have repaired dozens of this model. You just need to take it into a dealer as this is over your ability to work on. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you, but it has for nearly 10,000 of my customers here over the last 7 years. Have a nice day............