gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The ac and heater are on remote the ac was working fine then

Customer Question

the ac and heater are on remote the ac was working fine then it went off when it got to temp now it will not come back on checked breaker still will not come on with remote heater will not work eather with remote
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaking lately?
Customer: not a car it is a 5th wheel rv
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can just got it if not will need a tech
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: as far as I know not at this time think it might have ext. warrenty
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

What is the brand of this system? Remote showing any display or not?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
carrier air 5 yes remote has display
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Is the light on up at the A/C?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Did you check the fuse in the load center? It may be marked "furnace" in there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is a 5th wheel rv and yes I did check breaker
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Did you check the fuse?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the fuse is good there is a led if fuse is bad but did check fuse anyway
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

The next thing would be to do some testing AT the ceiling panel. Not sure you can do this, but I can get you a copy of the Service Manual if you want to give it a shot.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hay Randall it might be better if I goy some one to look at it the book I have does not give a lot of info thanks for the help is there some one in Nampa Idaho that works on the units or in boise
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Probably, but you need to check with either the RV parks or shops to find out who does mobile work there. I can get you the Service Manual which shows you how to check this. The problem I have seen if that some of these control boards go out. You can still get some parts on E-bay for these.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
great the control board will be found inside the unit some were so it might be better for a tech that knows what he is doing
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Yes, but when I get back to me computer I will get you a copy.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks al
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

You are welcome!

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting this manual to you! I got sidetracked at my shop and missed my note on this. Please see the attached link to the manual. Print it out as there is a lot of great information in there or Bookmark it so you can come back to it again. Let me know if you need more on this. Parts are still available for these and it is the best A/C ever built for RVs in my view! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/airv.pdf