Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Bought a 1996 holiday rambler. Was told everything worked.

Customer Question

Bought a 1996 holiday rambler. Was told everything worked. Well the light run on battery current and only 4 receptiles work with cord nothing else not even lights. Can you help
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Does this have a 30 amp (3 prongs) or a 50 amp (4 prongs) shore cord? And this is going to take a small digital multimeter to check out. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. And you might want to have the batteries checked and load tested to be sure they are good and not part of the problem. Over 3 years old they may be ready for a change. Get back to me when you are ready to test. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
30 amp. Also the account breaker trip as soon as you plug in the cord
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Air conditioning breaker
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Turn that off and check the fan from on top. That may be bound up with some wasp's nests. Happens when they sit long without being used. You have to take the cover off and then check the fan blade to see if it turns freely. That would be the place to start. Please get back to me once you do that and we can check further.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also it has only one battery should I be using two
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Yes, if you have room. Get the largest two you can get in there. 27 series if possible. Hooked up in parallel. If you have a meter we can test the charging circuit and see if the converter is putting out good DC voltage.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you need additional input from me here?